Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Wilson's Promontory







Now...a word of advice to ppl who might wanna go on walking trails...don't do it when the weather forecast reads 35 C !!!

Anyways, I had to learn it the hard way...but apart from that, it was a great experience; I'm going to go back there maybe around autumn or spring...

There are so many walking trails around this National Park, it tailors to anyone really; there were many ppl who'd organise for hiking trips around most of the coastal regions of it (for 5 days or more), but you could go there on a day trip for a couple of the walks.

The squeaky beach (the sand really squeaks under your shoes/feet!) trial only takes about 1.5 hours (return); but just given the weather condition that day, it really took a toll on me. But the views were well worth it...

I initially contemplated going up to Mount Oberon summit...but after lunch; with the sun bearing down directly on the parched land...we (housemate and I) retreated to the comfort of the car...

(the other thing I gotta do was bring my car out for a ride; apart from slightly soft suspensions and abit of rolling, it was a sweet ride...)




 
Posted by Timodee at 3:20 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: